For more about this list, which may evolve, see my post: To be reading, January 13, 2010.
Completed in 2012
Completed in 2011
– Milton, John, and Gordon Teskey. 2005. Paradise lost: authoritative text, sources and backgrounds, criticism. New York: W.W. Norton. WorldCat.
– Updike, John. 1995. The afterlife and other stories. A Borzoi book. New York: Knopf. WorldCat.
– Pound, Ezra, and Marcella Spann. 1964. Confucius to Cummings, an anthology of poetry. New York: New Directions Pub. Corp. WorldCat
– Berry, Hannah. 2009. Britten and Brülightly. New York: Metropolitan Books. WorldCat
– Jerrell, Carrie. 2009. After the revival. Ewell, UK: Waywiser. WorldCat
– Dahl, Roald, and Quentin Blake. 2004. Charlie and the chocolate factory. New York: Knopf. WorldCat
– Brueggemann, Walter. 2007. The theology of the book of Jeremiah. New York: Cambridge University Press. WorldCat
– Nims, John Frederick. 1974. Western wind: an introduction to poetry. New York: Random House. WorldCat [Only the poems.]
– Ling, Micah. 2010. Sweetgrass. Buffalo, NY: Sunnyoutside. WorldCat
– Sayers, Valerie. 1996. Brain fever. New York: Doubleday. WorldCat
– Le Guin, Ursula K. 1970. The tombs of Atuan. New York: Aladdin Paperbacks. WorldCat
– Baumgaertner, Jill P. 1990. Poetry. San Diego, [Calif.]: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich. WorldCat [Only the poems.]
– Matthias, John. 2011. Who was cousin Alice? and other questions: memoirs, essays, poems. Exeter: Shearsman Books. WorldCat